Wednesday 1 June 2016

What is love

Hi all, before I go into today's topic, during a conversation a friend said that relationships were like dealing with kids; sometimes you need to give incentives. So that's a talk for another day I just need to research the bible. So back to the point. I watch a lot of movies and all and you see people fall in and out of love like they are changing shoes. As Africans, we also use the word love loosely. Imagine how many guys/girls you tell you love before you get married. The bible tells us that God is love. In fact it amazes me that marriage is the one part of our lives that we keep God out of. We say I love you to get what you want:money, gifts, sex, favours, positions and other things. To find perfect love, we need to seek God first and he will fix every other part of our lives.

How can you love someone today and move on so easily? Living in the western world I have come to learn that when two people start a relationship, they agree they are interested in each other and see as it goes. They can be in that relationship without using the word love. They build their friendship and then decide if they love each other. Thinking back to my past relationships, I used the word love so much without understanding. Now I'm married I look back and laugh. As my relationship with God grows, he teaches me to love my husband unconditionally, to understand his flaws and to forgive everything. I mean I couldn't have made it this far without God. My husband prays with me, listens to me and supports me. Love is not just a word. 1st Corinthians 13 tells us all about love. Love is a feeling, it comes when you are apart from someone and just thinking about them makes you smile.

I don't get why people can't love; love unconditionally with any strings attached. Love is not a business transaction. You don't always get something back. Love is pure, patient, kind. You can only truly love one person so pls ask God to bring them to you. Till we meet again Odabo

No comments:

Post a Comment